It’s now 5 weeks and 2 days ago that we put the first QtCreator release – 1.0 – on the public ftp server, though it feels like a much longer time to me. So much work has been done in the meantime . To let you take advantage of the improvements and to keep our promise to release often, we are now in the deep process of creating a QtCreator 1.1 release.
As you can see from the version number, this is not a pure bugfix release. That’s why we’d like to have the opportunity to receive some last feedback from you! Have a look at the release candidate packages here:
Some of the most prominent changes/improvements:
- Reworked editor split mechanism, making it actually useful.
- Function argument hint is actually useful now.
- Improved Open Documents view, also actually useful now .
- Designers signal/slot editor is finally included in the form editor.
- Experimental support for generic Makefile based projects.
- Lots and lots of improvements to editing, navigating, debugging, pro-file parsing, cmake support, ….
Have a happy Easter!
/me signs off for Easter holidays.