We are happy to announce the Qt 4.7.4 release for desktops. This is mainly a maintenance release which contains bug-fixes based on feedback and contributions since the Qt 4.7.3 release back in May.
4.7.4 is currently last planned 4.7 release. Work will continue in 4.8, Beta has been released already and Release Candidate is going to be available soon.
4.7.4 introduces new features like Qt Quick 1.1 (see more from documentation)
- Right-To-Left support
- Improved image caching
- Text input improvements – Support for split-screen virtual keyboard
- Pinch Area to provide a declarative API for handling touch input
and also QML Shaders plugin (embed OpenGL shader effects in QML apps, see more). Documentation can be found from here and here.
For Symbian there are additional improvements:
- Opt-in split view editor support (e.g. enabler for Qt Quick Components 1.1),
- Graphics improvements: Productized OpenGL ES support with optimized GPU memory management, Several OpenVG paint engine optimizations
- Faster orientation switching support
- Support for copy/paste keyboard accelerators in editors
Please note that Qt 4.7.4 will be available for the upcoming Symbian and MeeGo devices when final device software is available. Targets will be made available accordingly with updates of the Qt SDK.
Qt 4.7.4 is available as part of the Qt SDK update. Qt packages can be downloaded from the Qt Download page, and for those who prefer to get it directly from the public git repository at http://qt.gitorious.org. The release has been tagged there as “v4.7.4,” and the changes are listed in the Qt 4.7.4 changelog.
Thank you to all of you that have provided bug reports and/or bug fixes.
To provide feedback, you can use the Qt Bug Tracker. To contribute code, documentation updates or autotests for Qt, then all you need to get started is at http://qt.gitorious.org.
- Qt 4.8 Beta released
- Qt 4.7.2 has been released!
- Qt 4.6.3 released
- Qt SDK 1.2 Released
- Qt 4.8 libraries for Windows, Mac and Linux/X11 released as stand-alone download