Release day! Qt SDK update, Qt 4.7.4, Qt Creator 2.3 and more

Published Thursday September 1st, 2011 | by

It has been a big and busy week already. Last week’s announcement of Symbian Belle and the Nokia 600, Nokia 700 and Nokia 701 was very good news for Qt mobile developers.

Daniel’s blog post on the subject started a lively discussion, and it has been good to see such spirited debate – we want to have conversations with you on this blog, so keep the comments and questions coming.

If last week’s excitement wasn’t enough, today we have more good news. Today we released updates of Qt, the Qt SDK with Qt Simulator, Qt Creator and more (according to our @qtbynokia team, today is “Qt Mega Release Day”).

The detail on each part of today’s release, including links to all of the downloads, is on Qt Labs. Well done and thanks to everyone who contributed to these important releases, and to those who pushed the releases out earlier today.

Finally, a reminder. If you want to talk, learn, or share knowledge with the developers behind these updates and behind Qt programs like Qt 5 and Qt Quick, Qt Developer Days in Munich and San Francisco is the place. Each year the event is the foremost gathering of Qt knowledge, expertise,and community, and it is going to grow in size and diversity again this year.

We have more tech track sessions on desktop and embedded than ever before, smarter scheduling, fantastic keynotes from Canonical, Intel and Telecom Italia (more on this soon) great training training tracks, and a lot more.

Our early bird discount offer is still open, but won’t be open for much longer. If you are thinking about joining us at the event this year, registering now will secure you a spot at the event AND save you money :)

We’ll have more Qt Developer Days news soon on the Qt blog.

Posted in Announcements | Tags: , , , , ,

20 comments to Release day! Qt SDK update, Qt 4.7.4, Qt Creator 2.3 and more

Xingtao Zhang says:

Big day! Aha :)

Xingtao Zhang says:

Big day, hah! :)

Steve Moore says:

Should have waited to upgrade. Cross compile is broken. Keeps trying to configure for my native linux compiler instead of my arm compiler.

STiAT says:

This should be the release where the QML Editor is working again (this combination with 4.7.4 and QtCreator 2.3) right?

@Steve Moore: that sounds bad … hopefully this will be fixed in a maintenance pack.

jiaer says:

I need Qt/3D.Need Qt Quick 3D.

Raed says:

Well done guys..very good job…

Nan says:

When I compile release version of Qt Creator 2.3, it is done; but when I run it, it can not find QtSupport.dll file on libqtcreatorpluginsNokia

mingw32 4.5.2
Qt 4.7.4
Qt Creator 2.3.0

Nan says:

I tried again, plugin QtSupport cannot be compiled in Release mode (Debug mode is fine), my compiler is TDM mingw 4.5.2.

wxjshr says:

I have got a X11 revision and install it on Ubuntu 10.04.When I use help document file,it looks disordered like following:
Qt Reference Documentation

* Home

div{class=”indexbox tools”} div {class=”indexboxcont indexboxbar”} div {class=”sectionlist normallist”} div {class=”heading”} What is Qt enddiv

Anyone see it?

David Stone says:

@Nan @wxjshr Have you guys put those questions to the folks on Qt Developer Network? It’s the place that will give you the best answer.

Magnus says:

May I suggest to add torrent links for the downloads as well? With my unreliable internet connection, I believe I would benefit from that as I’m sure lots of others would as well.

Simon says:

@wxjshr, see https://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-21273

This is a pretty bad foul up; Qt documentation is usually great, but the stuff shipped with 4.7.4 is unreadable.

Hello, i think that i saw you visited my weblog so i came to “return the favor”.I’m attempting to find things to improve my site!I suppose its ok to use some of your suggestions!!

Lolo says:

Have you finally solved the problems with the MacOSX app store? Can I finally use Qt to put my app in the store?

What information technologies could we use to make it easier to keep track of when new blog posts were made a?

SABROG says:

Again no update QtMobility for maemo 5 and no QtMobility at all for Desktops (I don’t like Simulator for some reason)

kurtulus kilic says:

hi

I am using Nokia anna. but it gives error loading the Turks in the qt programs.
Install installation failure again Samrt is canceling.

regards ….

Kamalakshan says:

updating the Qt SDK is very slow. Even the updater doesn’t show if its downloading something or unable to connect. In details it just says “Downloading archive for component: Harmattan Emulator”.

Request you to provide an offline installer too supporting Harmattan.

Arto says:

I am currently having the same issue with installation. Stuck with “Downloading archive for component: Harmattan Emulator” stage. And Harmattan is what I intend to use the SDK for.

Max says:

Hi James, absolutely. The repo is for depreovels.However, just because I’m project admin and contributing developer doesn’t mean that I have to publish prototype source that is not even part of the WDS project. I will do that under the conditions (license) and at my discretion at the time I choose. Not right now, though.Sad to hear you’d not be interested in contributing to other areas of WDS that would certainly require more care than a planned experimental feature, but that is your decision as the one to introduce my code (and when and how) is mine If you ever had the problem that someone from a company takes your code in private and then the company tries to go after you when you publish your stuff on which they based yours, you could perhaps relate. It’s a different story though.