Qt 4.8.0 RC1 is now available for download as an online update via the Qt SDK. It also includes the QtWebKit 2.2.0, see http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2011/09/29/qtwebkit-2-2-0-is-released/ for more details.
This release candidate has the quality stabilised code targeted to be the basis for the final Qt 4.8.0.
For those using the public git repository, a “v4.8.0-rc1″ tag will appear soon.
If you would like to provide feedback, you can do so using the Qt Bug Tracker. If you want to contribute code, documentation or autotests to Qt, all the information you need to get started can be found at qt.nokia.com.
Other things of note:
* Ubuntu 10.04 has been used to build the Qt 4.8 binaries in QtSDK for Linux due to new dependencies – updated from Ubuntu 8.04 that has been the version used previously
* There are also separate packages available for download from the Qt Prereleases Download Page. Source packages (.zip and .tar.gz format) and binary packages (for Mac: Cocoa, Windows: MinGW 4.4.0, Visual Studio 2008 and Visual Studio 2010) are available
* Symbian experimental and official targets for Qt4.8 are to be made available for a later release in due course according to the Symbian device plans
- Qt 4.7.0 Release Candidate available
- Qt 4.6.0 Release Candidate 1
- Qt SDK packages for Qt 4.7.0 Release Candidate available
- Qt 4.6.3 released
- Qt Creator 1.3.0 release candidate