Qt SDK 1.1.4 update available

Published Tuesday November 8th, 2011 | by

We are happy to announce that a new update for Qt SDK is published.

This 1.1.4 update of Qt SDK is very much focusing on bringing the SDK build targets to the level of the latest Symbian devices and the Nokia N9. It means that you can now start developing apps for these devices using:

• Qt 4.7.4 / Qt Quick 1.1 introducing among other things, right-to-left and pinch area support. These things are also supported by today’s Qt Quick Components 1.1 update. More about that and other features in Sami’s blog post.
  • Qt Mobility 1.2 which introduces new NFC (near field communication) and Bluetooth APIs, as well as quality improvements to the existing APIs.

These APIs have been available for some time in the experimental MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan tool chain, but we have now removed the experimental status, and also updated it once again to comply with the latest, up-to-date device image.  There are also quite a few quality improvements included. Note also that there is now only one target consolidating also the earlier separate Harmattan Platform API target. Please check the documentation and the blog post for more details.

For app development for Symbian devices we have added Qt 4.7.4 for Symbian Anna target which is generally applicable for application development for all the Symbian Anna and Belle devices. For developers needing access to Symbian Belle API we also have updated the recently added beta level Qt 4.7.4 for Symbian Belle target. This Symbian Belle specific target as well as the earlier Qt 4.7.3 based S60 5th edition target are included in the online installers only. This way we were able to keep the default installation cleaner and emphasize the primary targets. For more information about the target and SDK version selection, please refer to the SDK documentation and Aleksi’s blog.

If you already have Qt SDK installed, you can update to the latest version by running Update Qt SDK from the Qt SDK application folder on your computer. If you first time are getting started with Qt SDK, you can download 1.1.4 using the installers in below.

Platform Online Installer Offline Installer
Microsoft Windows 15MB 1.6GB
Linux 32bit 23MB 1.3GB
Linux 64bit 23MB 1.3GB
Mac OS-X 12MB 1.2GB

Nokia Developer also offers the updated installers on their Qt SDK website.

If you encounter problems, please file a bug report at http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com.

Posted in MeeGo, Qt, Qt Quick, Qt SDK, QtMobility, Releases, Symbian, Uncategorized

25 comments to Qt SDK 1.1.4 update available

Scorp1us says:

Does this actually install mobility on desktop now? Before, it only installed it for symbian.

Tim Jenßen says:

Desktop Mobility is not included at the moment.

Scorp1us says:

Then there should be some indication. Symbian is singled out multiple times in the installer.

I don’t even need all of QtMobility, just QtMultimediaKit to work on desktop, though everything that could work should.

It pits QtCreator in a weird state, it thinks QtMobility and the Video element work, because it resolves, but it doesn’t actually work on Desktop.

Scorp1us says:

Can we get some checkboxes in the installer for “Qt Platforms” which then gives only the option tree of the platforms we’re interested in? I’m tired of going through and unchecking the 3 Symbian boxes and the hartmann box.

I’m tired of all the special Symbian love, I’m sure other desktop users are too. maybe report back which platforms people are using the SDK for. If the majority are Symbian, then I’ll shut up. But I think Desktop needs some much needed love.

Thanks.

Michał says:

Where are my Symbian^1 SDKs?

Michał says:

… ahhh, in the online installers! I see.

Venemo says:

Hi,
When installing the new SDK, why is “Harmattan Platorm API” still listed in the Experimental category? What’s the difference between that and the “Harmattan Target” under Development Tools / Harmattan?

opk says:

Upgrade from 1.1.3 (windows) blows up during the Harmattan stuff and leaves things in a bad state. I forget the exact errors but it was about not being able to update a file in use. Upgrading in place continues to be very error-prone. I’ve had to resort to starting over and installing clean for every major sdk update. Which is fine…but if you you’re going to bother developing and maintaining an update feature then at some point it would be good if it actually worked.

Nagaraj Shenoy says:

The ovi notifications API are not available for Anna & Belle builds. They are present in Symbian^1 builds (4.7.3 and 4.6.3) and was available in 1.1.3 SDK for Symbian^3.

meego_man says:

Cannot install at all, when installer starts downloading Notification API there is a crash and no way to pass through it :( Where to get the old installer? I need SDK very urgent

Nagaraj Shenoy says:

meego_man,
I’d the same issue when I was installing using the online installer. try the offline installer and then run the update option of the SDKMaintenanceTool.exe to install the other things. Online installer wasn’t working for me but the offline did.

I’m not sure why but I think online installer was crashing while downloading Notifications API because it couldn’t download the versions 4.7.4(Anna & Belle). I don’t know whether you were trying Symbian targets nor do I know if this is why it is crashing. I assumed so because it crashed at the same place for me. I also don’t why it worked when I tried with offline installer (it did install the Notifications API for Symbian^1 platforms (4.6.3 & 4.7.3) and not for 4.7.4 (Anna & Belle) targets).

meego_man says:

Nagaraj Shenoy, thanks a lot. I’ll try to do it now

snowpong says:

Online installer fails on Win7 64bit – it “stopped working” as Windows like to call it. It seems to happen when downloading Notifications API for MinGW. This was not an upgrade, but a complete re-install. Tried twice, both time failed. The settings were:
- C:QtSDK
- Default
- Overwrite/delete old Creator settings

tpunagan says:

Hello guys,

Online repos seems to be having some issues which they are looking into. So go for offline ones but but don’t try to use SDKMaintenancetool in offline installers also :-)

Amine27 says:

Hi,

After downloading and installing Qt SDK 1.1.4 I get this error with Qt Creator:

“RemoteCompiler
Could not resolve dependency ‘Qt4ProjectManager(2.3.0)’
Could not resolve dependency ‘QtSupport(2.3.0)’”

snowpong says:

Seems the crash issue is being worked on. See bug: https://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTSDK-1071

Scorp1us says:

I never use the “online installer” I always use off-line and it works on Win7/64

infoctopus says:

Online installer says:
“Can not resolve all dependencies!
Can’t find missing dependency (com.nokia.ndk.tools.madde.qemu.system-=0.13.52) for com.nokia.ndk.experimental.harmattan.platformapi.”

tpunagan says:

If you are doing custom installation, do not select Experimental section which has harmattan targets. Do select harmattan target and emulator if you wish under Developement Tools section , then you don’t get the problem related to harmattan platform api. Hope this solves.

kgutteridge says:

Since updating this SDK on OSX, I have the unfortunate problem that DH_STRIP complains about the argument list being too long, I can resolve by culling a section of the app, but does anyone know a different work around?

Ilya says:

After upgrading on MacOSX packaging give me this error:
dh_testdir
dh_testroot
dh_clean -k
dh_installdirs
install wrapper execution loop !!!
dh_installdirs: command returned error code 65280
make: *** [install] Error 1

Giovanni88 says:

I have installed new Qt SDK, I have included Maemo Toolchains, but QtCreator does not list it as available target.

Wael says:

Hi
i used offline installer
online installer fail
how to get belle target to offline or any update available

Thanks
Wael

meego_man says:

Are there any chances to get Qt 4.7.3 for Symbian^3 target in new Qt SDK ? OVI store doesn’t accept apps built with Qt 4.7.4 and in package manager the only available version for Symbian Anna is 4.7.4 :/

rob says:

Is there any way to just get the installers for the phone. I can’t see the point in wasting time downloading 1.6 gig waiting for it to install, copying out the 3 maybe 4 mb of files I want and then uninstalling and deleting SDK. Have read 4 posts about how great the latest qt is and not one them actually offers the files up. other than a ridiculously large download.