According to this recent poll, Desktop Components is one of the most desired add-ons for Qt Quick 2. To help make this a reality we have moved the Desktop Components project over to codereview.qt-project.org and are now accepting contributions, for both the Qt Quick 1 & 2 versions. Several good contributions have been made already, and at the same time a few of us here at Nokia have been working on bringing the components up to speed on Qt 5.
The components are hosted as a Qt Playground project and won’t be a part of the 5.0 release. They will instead have separate releases, most likely in sync with the Qt 5 releases. At some point we will look at making them a proper part of Qt 5.
Project details are available at the wiki. Here’s a quick getting started script:
git clone https://git.gitorious.org/qtplayground/qtdesktopcomponents.git qtdesktopcomponents
git checkout qt5
cd qmldesktopviewer; qmake; make; cd..
Do you want to contribute? There are several open tasks, including:
- Add a menu bar component
- Add support for mouse wheel events
- Style polishing on your favorite platform
- Update: Tree View!
Finally, screenshot time (all on Qt 5):
Mac OS X
- Qt Quick Components for Desktop?
- Qt Quick components for Symbian Technology Preview
- Ready made UI building blocks at your service – Qt Quick components for Symbian and MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan
- Building the future: (re)Introducing the Qt Quick components
- Desktop Summit 2011 – the Free Desktop Invades Berlin