Qt Creator 2.6.2 released

Published Thursday January 31st, 2013 | by

Qt Creator 2.6.2 has just been released. A quick count yields 55 patches on top of 2.6.1, the majority of them of the Mostly Harmless kind, fixing usability and UI issues. Some serious issues got fixed, too, most notably the code editor freeze some people encountered on certain constructs in the C++ editor (see QTCREATORBUG-8472 and QTCREATORBUG-8532). The full change log is here.

Binary packages of stand-alone Qt Creator 2.6.2 are available the download site, sources are as usual accessible from gitorious, and last but not least it is part of the Qt 5.0.1 release.

Bookmark and Share

Posted in Qt, QtCreator, Releases | Tags: ,

20 comments to Qt Creator 2.6.2 released

[...] Одновременно представлен корректирующий релиз интегрированной среды [...]

Paul Tarr says:

I would like to install Creator 2.6.2 so as to use qt5 but am leery of upgrading. Currently I use 2.4.1 with qt 4.8.1 (open source) successfully on windows 7 generating code with mingw. I don’t want to lose this ability as I have several projects that use it. Question: Can I install multiple copies of Creator so that I can continue to use my old system while I check out the upgrade? (e.g., would both installations use the same keys or different keys ). The reason I ask is that I have struggled unsuccessfully for several weeks trying to install 4.8.4 in Creator 2.4.1 and I don’t want to get caught trying to do an upgrade that ruins my current development.

Kai Koehne says:

Although only upgrading is officially supported, running different versions works pretty well for me. If you want to play safe you could also e.g. start 2.6.2 creator with ./bin/qtcreator -setttings-path /tmp/test_262 , so that it doesn’t touch the original settings.

Jeffreylee Lee says:

Congratulants!But I can’t input characters in Ubuntu12.04.Eagerly looking forward to your official offer solutions

Jeffreylee Lee says:

Sorry!I lost a word.Congratulants! But I can’t input Chinese characters in Ubuntu12.04.Eagerly looking forward to your official offer solutions

Kai Koehne says:

I’m afraid we would need some help to debug this. Could you create a report on bugreports.qt-project.org? Please also include whether you’re using the creator standalone package, or the qt 5 one, and whether it has worked with an older version before.

Konstantin Isakov says:

Congrats! Any news about the next major release/beta/RC of Qt Creator? I miss those posts describing new features a little bit :)

Andre' says:

The 2.7 release branch will be created really soon now, a 2.7 beta should be released within (very) few weeks. And before you ask: The 2.7 Changelog is not yet available ;-}

Edward says:

Congratulation for the release. I installed Qt 5.0.1 (the one with MinGW and Qt Creator). When I create a simple console application project (be it non-Qt or Qt) and then compile and run, ” std::cout << "some thing" << std::endl; " does display nothing on the console except "Press to close this window…”. Is my problem or Qt’s?

Kai Koehne says:

Try adding a std::cout.flush() at the end.

Edward says:

Still facing the same problem.

Kai Koehne says:

I can’t reproduce this locally :( What you also can try is whether it prints to Application Output if you de-select ‘Run in terminal’ from the run configuration pane. Anyway, could you create a bug report for it?

Jeffreylee Lee says:

mkdir /tmp/QtCreator.PE2799 .Good luck!

Meenakshi says:

Hi,
I have downloaded qt-windows-opensource-5.0.1-msvc2010_32-x86-offline and installed it on my Windows 8 machine.
QT autodetected MSVC compilers,Microsoft Visual C++ compiler 11.0(x86),11.0(x86_amd64). But is gives error No compiler can produce code for this QT version.Please define one or more compilers. Please help as I am new to QT. As per my guess even if QT 5.0.1 wants msvc2010 compiler isn’t msvc2012 backward compatible?

Kai Koehne says:

That’s right, Qt libraries compiled against VS 2010 cannot be used directly with VS 2012. So you have to compile Qt on your own, http://qt-project.org/wiki/Building-Qt-5-from-Git should help you.

[...] at various Dutch bomb investigation and dep,abercrombie, Longgang District,parajumpers pas cher,Mengniu milk prices to respond to the New Year prices questi, Longgang District,abercrombie milano, Agriculture,abercrombie, Forestry and Fisheries Bureau (IMB) [...]

[...] Cheap Celine UKPrada Handbags SaleHugo Boss Once beautiful a [...]

Alden Vassie says:

When planning a new home one of the first decision concerns finding a home plan. Once the plan has been selected it is time to consider building supplies needed. Some suppliers of plans charge a large fee for a list of materials needed. Larger homes will require more supplies than smaller ones. Additionally, creating a more complex structure needs more lumber than one that is a rectangle..

Look out for our very own online site as well
<"'http://www.prettygoddess.com/