***Update: We’re astonished by the amount of submissions. Let’s give it up to the shortlisted Qt Shirt designers and let the voting begin. Like your favorite shirt and tell your friends! ***
An offer too good to refuse: 1000+ T-shirts with your own design and a free pass to Qt Dev Days!
It’s the 10th Qt Developer Days and we need your help! Now, don’t get us wrong: we can be downright creative if we want to, but for 2013, we want to bask in the creativity of our ecosystem. That’s right – we are giving you the distinct honor of helping to design the Qt Developer Days 2013 T-shirt.
The time has come to turn off ‘Qt Creator 2.8.0’ and pick up the sketchbook!
Items the shirt must incorporate:
• We are planning on a 3 color design for the print, so please use any of the solid colors of the Qt logo. The color of the t-shirt will be determined after the design is selected. All to say, simple is better. The design should be for the front of the t-shirt only.
• Include the Qt logo
• Other than the above original artwork only (no copyrights applied)
Items that could be included/incorporated:
• Location: Berlin / San Francisco (choose one)
• Conference Dates: Oct 7-9 / Nov 6-8 (choose one)
Items that will be on the back (added later by the creative team at Digia)
• Digia Logo
• Conference name, date and location – if not incorporated into the design
• Other information we determine we need, but can’t think of now
Submit your original t-shirt design (high quality PDF – at least 250 dpi, no gradients, A4 max size, up to 3-color design – any of the solid colors of the Qt logo) to firstname.lastname@example.org by next Friday, 16 Aug at 5pm CEST / 8am PDT.
Vote For Your Favorites
On Tuesday 20 August, we will post the shortlisted designs on a gallery. Winning entry will be selected via a combination of public votes plus input from the creative team at Digia. Voting will be open until Wed, 28 Aug.
If you do submit a design, you are giving us the right to use it, on the t-shirt or whatever we choose, forever until the end of time (stuff our lawyer makes us say). Besides mad props from this great community and getting your art printed on 1000+ T-shirts, the person behind the winning design will get a free two-day pass to Qt Developer Days in either Berlin or San Francisco.
We can’t wait to see what you come up with!
PS: Did you have a look at the Qt Developer Days 2013 proposed agenda topics? This year the Program Committee received a whipping number of papers! Pick your favorites here. Save your seat for Berlin here and for San Francisco here.